Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do I need to have played Dragon Age: Origins to understand Dragon Age 2?

I really love all of Bioware's games and many RPG's, but I did not really hear of Dragon Age when it came out. I want to play the original and the sequel but I'd rather not spend too much money. If it was possible, I would just play the sequel if I could understand it. Please help and thank you.Do I need to have played Dragon Age: Origins to understand Dragon Age 2?
It would be possible, there might be some mentions going back to Origins that you might not understand in DA2, but you should be to understand most of the game just fine. One thing though, you won't get the bonus of being able to see the results and consequences of your choices in Origins (and it's many expansions) spread out over the ten years of DA2.Do I need to have played Dragon Age: Origins to understand Dragon Age 2?
No ,not necessarily . The DA was about the Grey Wardens and the second is about Hawke and how he and his family escaped lothering and how he became Champion of Kirkwall. Ive read somewhere that DA2 takes place during the same time as Origins, but spans 10 years. So DA is 1 year and DA2 spans another 9 years after. If youve played the demo that came out a few days ago, the characters make references to the grey wardens but not to important. And ya, the beginning part of DA2 is being told by varric some dwaren guy, and he explains what practically happens during origins and who was betrayed and who died. But I really dont think you need to play the first DA since the story and characters are different. hope that helps:)

No comments:

Post a Comment